As an integrative medical practice, we take a broad view of beauty. Though seen on the outside, beauty is truly a reflection of the physiological processes taking place throughout the body, on both the outside and from deep within our bodies. Skin problems result from hormonal imbalances, deep-seated inflammation, and oxidative stress, manifesting outwardly on the body’s surface.
Our recommendations begin with healing from within and working from there to the part of you that’s visible to the whole world – your skin.
Here’s what you can do to look absolutely fabulous:
- Eat an anti-inflammatory diet. The very same nutrients that support cardiovascular, metabolic, and cognitive health help the skin shine. Focus on choices that are organic, with lots of fruits and vegetables. Everything that goes in your mouth should be real, whole food, and, most importantly, everything you eat should taste fabulously delicious.
- Heal the gut. Your intestinal tract’s job is to absorb the good nutrients, while keeping the bad stuff (artificial and natural toxins) out. Eating a good diet helps, but sometimes you need extra supplementation to get the job done and lower system-wide inflammation. A detox program can help with this.
- Avoid environmental exposures. None of us can escape living in the 21st Century with its abundance of chemical pollutants virtually everywhere. But you must do all you can to minimize your exposures and their terrible harms.
- Never use cosmetics and personal care products made with toxic and carcinogenic chemicals. Find good alternatives and toss out the harmful ones.
- Have a daily skincare regimen. Don’t wait until the last moment before the big event and then try to hide blemishes under a layer of caked-on cosmetics. Come to our presentation on April 20, and Karen will show you how a daily routine can make your skin radiant every day of the week.
- Use organic – or as close to organic as possible – skincare products that have no toxic ingredients.
- Consider being proactive by addressing the unwanted effects of age and nature. Aesthetic treatments can make a big difference. And you can make the effects last longer with a daily skincare routine that nourishes the skin and reduces inflammation and oxidative stress. We provide free aesthetic consultations and all that we offer will be discussed – with no pressure to make any purchases.