Bob Tygenhof received his undergraduate degree from Princeton University and a Master’s from the University of Southern California.
His passion has always been physical fitness, exercise, and nutrition. He is a certified Lifestyle Educator and an ACSM-Certified Personal Trainer. Bob has been the Director of the Center for Active Lifestyle Medicine at Integrative Medical Group of Irvine for the past seven years and has created numerous programs to assist his clients navigate the myriad motivational and physical challenges of lifestyle change.
Once your doctor establishes an overall treatment plan, Bob will help you implement the prescribed fitness and nutritional therapies. Among the many services he provides are :
- Body composition measurements using the highly advanced seca mBCA 514
- Fitness assessments
- Exercise prescriptions
- Individual and small group fitness classes
- Detoxification programs
- Fasting Mimicking Diet (ProLon) programs
- Long-term nutrition programs customized to specific medical conditions and personal tastes.
Bob is well-versed in Mediterranean, vegetarian, paleo, ketogenic, and vegan diets He stays up-to-date on the latest nutrition, fitness, and environmental medicine research. Numerous patients have experienced dramatic improvements in their health status with documented reversals of metabolic disease and fatty liver. Additionally, many patients achieve significant and long-lasting weight loss.
Bob has been physically active his entire life. He was a championship wrestler in high school and in college, he was a member of the rowing team at Princeton University. He was also a black belt in limalama, a Polynesian martial arts that blends karate, kung-fun, and boxing.
He currently lifts weights four times each week and does running, rowing, and cycling the other three days. He is certified as a personal trainer by the American College of Sports Medicine, the oldest and largest of the fitness industry’s certifying organizations.
- Bachelor’s Degree: Princeton University | Princeton, New Jersey
- McConnell Graduate Fellowship: American University in Cairo | Cairo, Egypt
- Master’s Degree: University of Southern California | Los Angeles, California
- Lifestyle Educator: Metagenics | Aliso Viejo, California
- Fitness Specialist Certificate: Irvine Valley College | Irvine, California
- Lifestyle Educator: Metagenics
- Personal Trainer: American College of Sports Medicine
- First Aid and CPR/AED certified: American Red Cross
Lectures & Presentations
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome – An Integrative Approach to a Complex Epidemic, October 31, 2013. International Congress for Clinicians in Complementary and Integrative Medicine,
- Northwestern Memorial Hospital | Chicago, Illinois.
- PCOS and Exercise, November 17, 2015. PCOS-2015, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome Medical Conference | Seattle, Washington.
- Exercise and Fitness – Keys to Healthy Living for You and Your Patients, March 23, 2016.
- Orange County Medical Association | Irvine, California.
- Being Safe in an Unsafe World – Protecting You and Your Family from Environmental Toxins, a 12-part series broadcast on ZubiaLive, July and August, 2017.
When it comes to lifestyle change, Bob believes that gradual, yet impactful, progress is usually the best way to go. This allows your body, mind, and spirit to adapt without becoming overwhelmed. Although achieving ultimate goals takes longer when you move slowly, a measured approach is almost always safer, more enjoyable, and far more successful.
Bob is available to see patients on most days of the week, and appointments can usually be arranged within one to two days.
Please use the form below if you would like to make an appointment or call (949) 753-7475. We usually respond to requests within 24 hours during the business week. If you have an urgent need, please call the office during business hours.
If you are experiencing a medical emergency or if you need immediate medical attention, please call 911.