Dr. Felice Gersh is one of only a handful of gynecologists who have successfully completed the Integrative Medicine fellowship at Dr. Andrew Weil’s world-renowned program at the University of Arizona.
As a consequence of this, she is able to offer you a more complete understanding of your medical condition, along with a more inclusive treatment plan that draws from a wide range of healing traditions.
This gives you a better chance for complete recovery and a return to optimal health.
Integrative gynecology looks for underlying causations of symptoms and conditions, recognizing the complex interplay of all the organ systems in the body, along with their various hormonal interactions. In addition, lifestyle, genetic, and environmental influences play important roles.
Treatment plans often call for the use of dietary change, increased physical activity, the use of natural herbs and supplements, stress reduction, sleep improvement and the avoidance of environmental pollutants.
As a result of this holistic approach, treatments often have fewer harmful side effects, are more effective, and prove to be longer lasting.
Integrative Gynecology focuses on the reproductive organs of the female body, while recognizing the complex relationships of those organs to the rest of the body. All areas of gynecology are treated at IMGI, including:
* Menstrual dysfunctions, with a special emphasis on PCOS and related complications
* Menopause, with an emphasis on bio-identical hormones and natural alternatives
* Uterine fibroids
* Ovarian cysts
* Recurrent and challenging vaginal infections; STDs
* Cervical health, including natural approaches to HPV and cervical dysplasias
* Breast health, including breast cancer-lowering strategies
* Preparing for pregnancies and post-partum recovery
* Bladder health, including infections; incontinence (leaky bladder); interstitial cystitis
* Vulvar skin diseases, vulvodynia, painful sexual relations, and chronic pelvic pain
* Sexual health issues
* Pre-menstrual syndrome (PMS)
* Migraine headaches
* Female hair loss
Many gynecologic surgeries are performed unnecessarily, and Dr. Gersh does everything possible to avoid surgical interventions.
There are times, however, when surgery is the best option and should be performed.
Dr. Gersh is a superb surgeon, skilled in minimally invasive vaginal surgeries such as hysteroscopic procedures, myomectomies, polypectomies, endometrial ablations, prolapse procedures (cystocele, rectocele, and uterine prolapse), ESSURE sterilization procedure, vaginal hysterectomies, laparoscopic procedures (ovarian, endometrial, and uterine), labioplasties, vaginal surgery for painful or unsatisfying intercourse, and incontinence procedures.
Click here to learn more about Dr. Gersh, her experience, and her credentials.