Our medical practice has been using ProLon, the unique Fasting Mimicking Diet (FMD), longer and with more patients than any other practice in the nation. As a result, we were selected to develop the first ProLon Center of Excellence. Our Comprehensive ProLon Program combines the incredible health benefits of fasting with the many proven benefits of a multifaceted lifestyle program.
ProLon was developed at the Longevity Institute at USC, under the directorship of Professor Valter Longo, after two decades of dedicated research. There they discovered that not eating for just a few days stimulates an amazing array of rejuvenating benefits for the body. Professor Longo and his team designed a unique, five-day nutrition program that allows you to eat three specially designed, tasty and satisfying meals per day that your body doesn’t “see,” responding as if you were fasting with only water.
Research on fasting shows it can support people with metabolic disorders (such as abnormal blood pressure and blood sugar regulation issues); autoimmune conditions, cognitive problems, and cancer. Although designed to optimize health, those needing to lose weight typically experience significant reductions in body fat, as ProLon preserves lean body mass.
Optimizing Your Health
The five-day meal program has been called a Fasting Mimicking Diet, because the stomach sees food, but the brain sees fasting! One gets both the incredible benefits of a short five-day fast, along with the pleasure and nutritional support of continued eating. The diet was carefully crafted and tested to ensure that it truly mimics a fast. Our Comprehensive ProLon Program augments and amplifies the benefits of a Fasting Mimicking Diet by including long-term dietary guidance, physical activity, the avoidance of toxic chemicals, plenty of personal support and more.
Comprehensive ProLon Program
- Five-day Fasting Mimicking Diet monthly until agreed-upon goals are met. The ProLon FMD is then used every three months to maintain the long-term benefits.
- Ongoing nutritional and dietary guidance for the periods between ProLon cycles. Proper nutrient intake immediately following the ProLon cycle allows stem cells to complete the rejuvenation process, while a long-term anti-inflammatory diet cements the benefits in place.
- Fitness Assessment and Exercise Prescription tell you where to focus your efforts. Once you know what exercises to do and how to do them, we’ll help you fill in the rest of the blanks: which exercises to do, when to do them, and how much to do.
- Avoidance of environmental toxins. Toxic food additives and ingredients aren’t the only things you need to worry about. We’ll show you how to identify and avoid endocrine disrupting chemicals, possible and probably cancer causing substances, and harmful chemicals that contaminate personal care products, clothing, and furniture.
- Measure your progress. We can’t manage the effectiveness of the fasting mimicking diet and its complementary elements, if we don’t measure your progress. Four times per year we will measure and evaluate your body composition, while twice yearly we will perform lab tests to track your response to the program.