Dayna K. Kowata, N.D., L.Ac.
About Dayna K. Kowata, N.D., L.Ac.
Dr. Dayna Kowata has been practising natural medicine for the past 17 years. She graduated from Southwest College of Naturopathic Medicine and Health Sciences in Arizona in 2000, and has extensive private practice experience.
Her expertise involves homeopathy, Ayurvedic medicine, and environmental medicine, and she is a qualified Reiki Master.
Dr Kowata treats a wide range of complaints, but specialises in hormone imbalances, menstrual issues, autoimmune illness, gastro intestinal-complaints and stress.
Dr. Kowata joined the Integrative Medical Group of Irvine in 2015. Prior to that she spent 5 years as a clinic practitioner at The Susan Samueli Center for Integrative Medicine, University of California, Irvine where she treated a diverse group of patients and supervised medical residents and fellows. She has frequently lectured for UCI and within the community. She has completed internships in pediatrics, women’s medicine including natural childbirth, and volunteered at several clinics serving the homeless, HIV/AIDS patients, and recovery substance abusers.
- Naturopathic Doctor and Acupuncturist: Susan Samueli Center for Integrative Medicine (SSCIM), University of California | Irvine
- Private Practice, 2000-2010
- Contracting Naturopathic Doctor: Genway Biotech, Inc.
- Consulting Naturopathic Doctor: Becker Pediatrics
- S. degree in Traditional Oriental Medicine: Pacific College of Oriental Medicine | San Diego, CA
- Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine: Southwest College of Naturopathic Medicine and Health Sciences | Tempe, AZ
- S. degree in Biology with distinction: University of Nevada, Reno | Reno, NV
- California Naturopathic Doctors Association
- Naturopathic Academy of Environmental Medicine
- Crinnion Environmental Medicine Training
- New England School of Homeopathy, Classical Homeopathic Practitioner Training
- San Diego College of Ayurveda, Ayurvedic Wellness Counselor (In Training)
- Aroma Acupoint Therapy Level I, Level II
- Defeat Autism Now! Level I
- Metagenics First Line Therapy
- Bach Flower Level I Practitioner
- National Certification Commission for Acupuncture & Oriental Medicine, Diplomate in Acupuncture
- Master Level Reiki Practitioner
- Reiki II Practitioner
- Reiki I Practitioner
One of the greatest advantages of Naturopathic and Oriental medicine is the ability to focus on the individual and address the root cause of health concerns. Dr. Kowata spends time educating her patients on how to restore optimum wellness to all aspects of the body, including the mental, emotional, spiritual, and physical. Patients will become actively involved in their healing process by engaging in an integrative treatment program designed specifically for them.
Dr. Kowata teams with Dr. Gersh to jointly fashion a unique treatment plan, as needed, for every patient. She has a special interest in blood sugar dysregulation and gastrointestinal disorders; and also treats a variety of conditions including adrenal insufficiency, thyroid imbalance, chronic and autoimmune illness, pediatric and women’s medicine.
Dr. Kowata is available to see patients on most days of the week, and appointments can usually be arranged within two to three days. In the event of an emergency or urgent need, Dr. Kowata will always make time in her schedule to see a patient on short notice. Please click here, if you would like to make an appointment.